Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living Hell by Catherine Jinks

To Purchase

 

All is well on the spaceship Plexus. Searching for a habitable planet, the few thousand residents are well taken care of by their ship.  The original passengers were carefully chosen as to make for a peaceful journey and that care shows in the next generation.  Every step of their day to day lives are planned and peaceful.   However once they go thru a radiation field, all bets are off.  Life just became a lot more interesting and not all in a good way.

I have to admit that I found this book rather slow going as far as a read.  This rather surprised me as I can usually whip through young adult books.  I think part of the problem is that I am really touchy about reading in first person.  It has to be with a deft touch and well I found it lacking in this story.  I do think that kids interested in science fiction might very well enjoy this book but it wasn't really my cup of tea.

I rate it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment