Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kiss Me, Kill Me by Maggie Shayne


 
A long-ago act of kindness to a desperate woman changed Dr. Carrie Overton's life forever. Before disappearing into the night, the grateful stranger left her newborn son for Carrie to raise.  When the woman is later found murdered, the secret becomes Carrie's alone.

She has kept both it and her son, Sam, safe for sixteen years.  But now a friend of Sam's has gone missing. 

The police in quaint, quiet Shadow Falls, Vermont, believe he's a runaway - until he's found dead and another teen disappears, and talk turns to that long-ago murder.

I am impressed.  This story has so many layers of mysteries that it takes a bit to wind your way thru them all.  But don't feel as though it is time wasted as this is one very enjoyable book. 

Shadow's Fall will remind you of any number of people in a small town, one that get inundated with tourists  during certain time of the year.  Just like any small town, the locals all know each other and look out for each other.  What surprised me about these locals is that there was no finger pointing when a boy was found dead, not even at the tourists.  These are all people that I would be happy to call friends.  Well maybe not all...

Romantic suspense happens to be one of my favorite genres yet somehow I have never ran across Maggie Shayne.  This is an issue that has been corrected and I will definitely buy up all of her backlist also.   If you also enjoy this genre, then I highly recommend picking up this book.

I rate this book a 4.3.

I received this book compliments of netGallery at no charge in exchange for a review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment