Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review: Allegra Fairweather by Janni Nell



Allegra Fairweather here. Paranormal investigator. Got problems with specters? Shapeshifters? I'm the woman to call. Just don't call me a Ghostbuster. The last guy who did that ended up flat on his back with my boot at his throat.

With my 99.5% success rate, solving the mystery of a bleeding rose that has sprung up on the shores of Loch Furness should have been an easy gig. But already I've heard the shriek of the local banshee, discovered two bodies (and then lost two bodies), and had a near-death encounter with a three-hundred-year-old ghost. And perhaps most dangerous of all, the hot pub owner who hired me now wants to show me exactly what's under his kilt.


This is actually the first book that I have had the pleasure of reading from Carina Press and to say that I am pleased with the quality of their authors is an understatement.  Carina Press is an e-book division of Harlequin books and the care they taken with the books shines thru.


ALLEGRA FAIRWEATHER:  PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR is a book that will grab you from the very first page.  Allegra is a heroine that shows no fear even when she goes into dangerous situations.  Of course, it does help that she has a beyond hot guardian angel, Casper.  After meeting him, I am really bummed out that I also don't have one assigned to me.  Ms Nell does a fantastic of job characterizations on both her main and her secondary characters.  They all just jump off the pages to come join you in your living room.

As you can tell, I really enjoyed this book and am crossing my fingers that this is the start of a great series.  I rate this book a 4.2.

I received this book compliments of netGallery in exchange for a review.  No money changed hands and the opinions are entirely my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment