Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Luck Of The Wolf by Susan Krinard

Branded an outcast by the noble branch of his werewolf clan, Cort Renier had come to San Francisco seeking fortune - and revenge. What he found was a mysterious beauty who could not - or would not - reveal who she truly was. At first glance she seemed vulnerable and afraid, like so many girls caught in the debauchery of the city's whiskey-soaked gambling dens. But one look into her stunning turquoise eyes and he knew he'd found the winning hand. 

Aria di Reinardus had reasons of her own for concealing her identity, but Cort's kisses were more than enough to convince her to go along with his plans to transform her into a missing heiress and return her to her "family". But they were not the only ones with secrets to keep and vengeance in mind, and they were about to discover that some destinies couldn't be outrun... 

I just love to find new to me author especially when I enjoy their work.  I love reading paranormal and I love the canines yet I find that I am usually drawn to the vampires.  And the reason why is I have found that most of the authors of werewolves seem to forget that they will have those instincts.  Or if they do remember you can tell that they haven't done their research.  Imagine my delight to discover Ms. Krinard's work.  A lot of her werewolves want to forget that they have those instincts due to society but they are still there.  I really want to give her kudos for that. 

Okay now that I have gotten one of my pet peeves out of the way time to discuss this book in particular.   This book didn't reach out and grab me by the throat at the beginning.  Instead it was a long slow slide into pleasure.  I did find the villein to be rather one dimensional though I did truly love the main characters along with Aria's tutor Babette.  I was also slightly disappointed in the ending as it seemed the wrap up was rather rushed.

This book is a mix of both the wonderful and the not so wonderful.  All in all, it does tip the scales to the wonderful side.  I really did enjoy the reading so I do recommend it to lovers of the paranormal.  Also there are some sex scenes but nothing too explicit.

I rate this book a 3.4.



No comments:

Post a Comment